26 Mar 2020
Following the Government’s announcement on COVID-19 we want to assure our customers that we’re here to help, no matter the circumstances. As some of you are closing for the time being, we’re here to offer some helpful advice on how to close down your coffee machine safely. Please follow the steps below;
Traditional Coffee Machine:
1. Run hot water through the group heads. Clean the group head seals with the group head cleaning brush while water is running.
2. Remove the filter basket from the group handle and replace with the blank filter basket.
3. Fill with a pea size amount of Puly Caff cleaner or 5ml Break Cleaner.
4. Press the free flow button and stop after 10 seconds, repeat this process four times. Alternatively, press the “rinse cycle” keys on your machine. Once complete, empty the contents of the blank filter basket, and rinse clean.
5. Repeat the above process, this time without Puly Caff or Break Cleaner (Brush seals again to ensure there is no residue left on them.
6. Next, fill a container with hot water
7. Remove the filter baskets from each group handle and place each handle & basket directly into the warm water.
8. Place a tablespoon of Puly Caff powder into the water and stir until dissolved
9. Leave the group handles in the solution for 15 minutes to soak.
10. Remove the equipment and thoroughly rinse with warm water, use a sponge to scrub the inside of the handle only.
11. Dry and wipe with blue roll or a soft clean cloth.
12. Now you can switch off your espresso machine by turning it off from the power button on the machine, and from the plug itself.
13. Next you’ll want to open up your steam wands and purge the machine of all steam. Keep these running until nothing comes out.
1. For your grinder, make sure you’ve emptied the hopper, and grind through any excess coffee to ensure no coffee beans remain. The oils on the beans could stain the hopper if left for a period of time.
2. Soak the hopper in warm water with 3 scoops of Puly Caff powder for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse with cold water, dry with a clean soft cloth or blue roll, and then leave to drain for 10 minutes for any remaining water to evaporate. You can then place your hopper back onto your grinder with the lid on.
4. Now you can switch off your grinder by turning it off from the power button on the machine, and from the plug itself.
If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01322 381380.
Remember it’s a “See You Later!” and not a “Goodbye”.
Stay safe, and we’ll be seeing you soon!